Hello there! Let me introduce myself. My name is Sharon, and I currently work as a nurse educator and lactation consultant for a hospital as well as my private business as a prenatal educator and IBCLC.
Due to classes being moved to Zoom, I have been able to have you join in to meet your community experience hours.
They are 3 hrs. each. You will be sent the link following registration and payment.
Breastfeeding: Beyond the Basics
- Newborn appearance, capabilities and needs at birth
- Early bonding
- What the needs of families are during the 4th trimester
- Understanding babies' behavior
- Common feeding patterns within the early days to months
- Positions and techniques for burping
- Sleep patterns; Safe sleep environment; Ways to encourage sleep
- Soothing-Using the 5 S’s to calm your baby can work like magic!
- Safety-Holding, swaddling, checking temperature, signs of illness
- Bathing, skin care, nail care, umbilical cord care, diapering
- Thurs. June 22nd from 6-8:30 PM
Class Fee: 25.00
If you are in need of a recorded class, I have a 3 hour Lamaze childbirth class 3 (medical interventions) that I presented to an expecting couple as well as a 2.5 hour Newborn and Infant Care Class and Breastfeeding class that were presented to a group of West Coast nursing students. Fee: 25.00 each
The process to register and pay is the same. Complete the form below and in the section asking for the class date fill in "recorded class".
Attendance will be taken and class forms will be signed after class completion. Please email your form with your name and the class date(s) attended .
"I wanted to thank you for the classes. If you were a professor at my school I would definitely take more classes with you. You taught in a fun way which kept me engaged throughout both lessons." -Nicollette G.
"Thank you Sharon! I loved your classes and I would highly recommend it to students and new parents!! I appreciate all of you knowledge through this-your passion and enthusiasm in this field makes it exciting to learn about." -Jasmine A.