Breastfeeding: Beyond the Basics: This is a 2.5-hour virtual class. As a board-certified lactation consultant, I cannot help but take a deep dive into this topic! Having an understanding of typical newborn behavior is key to navigating the often times confusing early days of breastfeeding. This live, interactive class allows you to have your individual questions and concerns answered.
Topics we will explore include:
- Optimizing the Golden Hour after birth
- Feeding frequency in the first several days and why this is important for baby and for milk supply
- Ways to get off to the best start with breastfeeding and promoting a good milk supply
- What may sabotage milk supply
- Actions to take to manage possible bumps along the way: sleepy baby, engorgement, sore nipples, delayed milk
- How it works-how breast milk is made and what medical conditions and habits can affect your supply
- Positioning to optimize for a deep latch-it really is that important!
- Feeding and sleeping patterns and reading hunger & satiation cues
- Pumping, back to work, nutrition and more
Price includes a book, handouts, and access to videos for 3 months. Class fee is
39.00 per family or 29.00 without the book.
Special summer pricing: 29. 00cwith book/videos/handouts and 25.00 without the book.
Available: Thursday July 29th from 6-8:30 PM and Wednesday Sept. 29th from 6-8:30 PM