Lamaze® Childbirth Class
This class is appropriate if you plan to birth at home, a birth center or hospital, with or without medications. There is a strong focus on physiologic birth, what the research shows related to choices in childbirth, exploring the pros and cons of choices, learning comfort and relaxation techniques, communication skills, and early postpartum, newborn care, and breastfeeding. This is a complete childbirth class.
The Lamaze Approach to Pregnancy,Birth and Parenting
Six decades of research and experience have taught us that birth is transformative and that every family deserves a safe and healthy birth experience. Our evidence-based Six Healthy Practices are the basis of Lamaze education, which teaches about the safest and healthiest practices for a safe and healthy birth. They are recommendations to help ease the birthing process and instill confidence. While some may have unique circumstances, all parents can benefit from understanding the options and information available to them.
Lamaze Helps You Decide What’s Best for Both You and Your Baby
- Supporting you with science-backed pregnancy, birth and parenting information taught by certified childbirth educators.
- Guiding you as you navigate all of your options and their benefits and risks.
- Helping you understand how your body was designed for birth, and encouraging you to work with your body’s natural abilities.
Providing strategies for comfort and coping with pain during labor, reducing unnecessary medical interventions, and receiving continuous support during labor and birth.
Encouraging bonding between you and your baby, with the importance of skin-to-skin contact and time to get to know your new baby after birth. To learn more abour Lamaze, check out the Lamaze website and parent resources, including the blog Giving Birth With Confidence.
Hybrid Format Includes:
This 5 class series explores:
- The physiology of birth
- Preparing the mind and body in pregnancy
- Relaxation, coping strategies and comfort techniques for labor
- Common interventions and medication options
- Communicating with your partner and care providers
- Your birth environment
- How to be a great birth partner to work as a team
- Positions that help labor progress and comfort
- Tips for early breastfeeding, bonding, and recovery
The focus of this class is to provide you with researched-backed information and personal strategies to move confidently into parenthood. This course has it all! Couples will prepare by reviewing videos and short reading assignments before class meetings. Your questions are encouraged to get what you most want out of our time together. Summer Special Class fee per couple: $
299. $225. for small group and $ 375. $300. for private classes. Limted scholarships are available per small group session, so please contact me if you are interested, but the class fee is a hardship for you.
Sundays from 10:30 AM-1:30 PM from July 11th-August 8th-FULL
New Sunday class series starting on: Sept. 12th-Oct. 10th from 10:30 AM -1:30 PM(Perfect for November/December babies)
Did you know that childbirth education is an eligible expense for a Flexible Spending Account or a Health Savings Account enabling you to use pre-tax dollars and pay with your FSA debit card? And, some insurance companies will reimburse you for childbirth education. That is because the benefits for birthing people and newborns are indisputable.
To view some short video clips from first time parents on the significance of childbirth education check here and here. And, appreciate that they also once felt all of the things that you are feeling now!
Pay by credit card, debit card or Google Pay: https://checkout.square.site/merchant/K46NREGHTAD43/checkout/OLWXCNSOCX4F34ILHQ2TMY53