This class is appropriate if you plan to birth at home, a birth center or hospital, with or without medications. This class is no longer a "method", but an approach to safe and healthy birth.
Six decades of research and experience have taught us that birth is transformative and that every family deserves a safe and healthy birth experience.
Our evidence-based Six Healthy Practices are the basis of Lamaze education, which teaches about the safest and healthiest practices for a safe and healthy birth. They are recommendations to help ease the birthing process and instill confidence. While some may have unique circumstances, all parents can benefit from understanding the options and information available to them.
Lamaze® Helps You Decide What’s Best for Both You and Your Baby
What We Will Cover:
- How your body was designed for birth, and encouraging you to work with your body’s natural abilities.
- Strategies for comfort and coping with pain during labor, reducing unnecessary medical interventions, and receiving continuous support during labor and birth.
- How to navigate all of your options and their benefits and risks.
- How to be a great birth partner and how to work as a team.
- The importance of skin-to-skin contact and early bonding.
- Tips for early breastfeeding, bonding, and recovery.
The focus of this class is to provide you with researched-backed information and personal strategies to move confidently into parenthood. This course has it all!
Class Format Includes:
- 5 weeks of mentoring
- 4 weeks of online videos for you and your partner to watch together at your convenience with access for 12 months
- 4 weekly virtual classes with your instructor and classmates to review and discuss videos and reading assignments
- 1 virtual 2 hour class for practice of labor positions and comfort techniques
- Limited class size to ensure individualized instruction
- Printed book and handouts to complement the online content. Be sure to pack it in your hospital bag!
- Bonus: Links to my favorite resources, blogs, podcasts, and videos on topics from pregnancy to postpartum
- Bonus: 30 minute virtual meeting before or after birth to review topics of your choice related to childbirth, postpartum, breastfeeding or newborn care
Enjoy these short video clips from first time parents on the significance of childbirth education. They also once felt all of the things that you may be feeling now!
Lamaze® Upcoming Class Dates
April-May series: Hybrid Small Group Class Fee: 250. per couple
Tuesdays from 6-9 PM on Zoom:
Class 1: Tuesday April 26th
Class 2 Tuesday May 3rd
Class 3 Tuesday May 10th
Class 4 Tuesday May 17th
Bonus 2 hour In-person class to practice positions, hands on comfort techniques on Saturday May 21st (*subject to change to virtual based on our local area COVID-19 status). Otherwise, class to be held on Zoom. Masks are required. Time TBD based on mutual schedules.
June series: Hybrid Small Group Class Fee: 250. per couple
Sundays from 10 AM-1 PM on Zoom:
Class 1: Sunday June 26th
Class 2 Sunday July 3rd
Class 3 Sunday July 10th
Class 4 Sunday July 17th
Bonus 2 hour In-person class to practice positions, hands on comfort techniques on Sunday July 24th (*subject to change to virtual based on our local area COVID-19 status). Otherwise, class to be held on Zoom. Masks are required. Time TBD based on mutual schedules.
Not seeing what you need? I also offer private, accelarated, customized classes for childbirth or combining topics such as comfort measures for birth, newborn care and breastfeeding. The fee is 50/hour.
No time or challenging schedules making it hard to join a virtual class? You can still get prepared! Check out these online options, take a virtual tour and get a free introductory class here: Online Lamaze Class
Lamaze online classes provide an engaging and self-paced learning environment, allowing parents-to-be and new parents to virtually interact with Lamaze educators and content experts through all stages of pregnancy, preparing for labor or a VBAC, breastfeeding, and parenting. You are able to learn at your own pace and access the classes anytime from any device. You’ll find interactive content designed for an engaging learning experience to prepare you for birth and beyond!
- The Lamaze Approach to Pregnancy
- The Lamaze Approach to Birth
- The Lamaze Approach to Parenting
" So happy we found Sharon. Due to health issues we only had 2 options: natural birth or general anesthesia cesarean. We let Sharon know our situation before going in and even before...she offered us great information to make an informed decision. Sharon was instrumental in helping us feel confident in our birth plan for a natural birth of our beautiful baby boy."
"Every mom to be should take a class with Sharon! Because of Sharon's class, we went into the childdbirth experience feeling knowledgeable, excited and confident. We had a wonderful labor and birth experience (and who can actually say that?!) largely due to Sharon and the skills gained working with her!"
"Being first time parents we were very nervous and a little scared. However, not only did my husband and I both feel confident and prepared after taking her class, things we learned... helped us tremendously at birth and taking care of our newborn. Sharon is knowledgeable, caring and kind."
" I cannot say enough positive things about Sharon! My husband and I had limited time...and she put together a crash course. The positions she showed us were very helpful for my early labor and because of the education...we were prepared when I decided to get the epidural. After I had my baby, we also had her come to our house for lactation consulting and it was extremely helpful...I knew she was there to support us..."