Lamaze® Has Been a Leader in Childbirth Preparation for 60 Years!
This class is appropriate if you plan to birth at home, a birth center or hospital, with or without medications. This class is no longer a "method", but an approach to safe and healthy birth.
Six decades of research and experience have taught us that birth is transformative and that every family deserves a safe and healthy birth experience.
Our evidence-based Six Healthy Practices are the basis of Lamaze education, which teaches about the safest and healthiest practices for a safe and healthy birth. They are recommendations to help ease the birthing process and instill confidence. While some may have unique circumstances, all parents can benefit from understanding the options and information available to them.
Lamaze® Helps You Decide What’s Best for Both You and Your Baby
What We Will Cover:
- How your body was designed for birth, and encouraging you to work with your body’s natural abilities.
- Strategies for comfort and coping with pain during labor, reducing unnecessary medical interventions, and receiving continuous support during labor and birth.
- How to navigate all of your options and their benefits and risks.
- How to be a great birth partner and how to work as a team.
- The importance of skin-to-skin contact and early bonding.
- Tips for early breastfeeding, bonding, and recovery.
The focus of this class is to provide you with researched-backed information and personal strategies to move confidently into parenthood. This course has it all!
Enjoy these short video clips from first time parents on the significance of childbirth education. They also once felt all of the things that you may be feeling now!
Lamaze® Class Dates
Class Fee: 250. per couple
Sundays from 10:30 AM-1:30 PM November 14th, 21st, 28th, Friday November 19th from 5-8 PM on Zoom. In person option on December 5th or based on mutual schedules ( time TBD).
Class Format Includes:
- 5 weeks of mentoring
- 4 weeks of online videos for you and your partner to watch together at your convenience with access for 4 months
- 4 weekly virtual classes with your instructor and classmates to review and answer questions related to online content
- 1 in person 2 hour class for hands on practice of labor positions and comfort techniques
- Limited class size to ensure individualized instruction
- Printed book and handouts to complement the online content
- Bonus: Links to my favorite resources, blogs, podcasts, and videos on topics from pregnancy to postpartum
- Bonus: 30 minute virtual meeting before or after birth to review topics of your choice related to childbirth, postpartum, breastfeeding or newborn care
Not seeing what you need? I also offer private, 3 hour customized classes for childbirth or combining topics such as comfort measures for birth and breastfeeding. The fee is 150.
" So happy we found Sharon. Due to health issues we only had 2 options: natural birth or general anesthesia cesarean. We let Sharon know our situation before going in and even before...she offered us great information to make an informed decision. Sharon was instrumental in helping us feel confident in our birth plan for a natural birth of our beautiful baby boy."
"Every mom to be should take a class with Sharon! Because of Sharon's class, we went into the childdbirth experience feeling knowledgeable, excited and confident. We had a wonderful labor and birth experience (and who can actually say that?!) largely due to Sharon and the skills gained working with her!"
"Being first time parents we were very nervous and a little scared. However, not only did my husband and I both feel confident and prepared after taking her class, things we learned... helped us tremendously at birth and taking care of our newborn. Sharon is knowledgeable, caring and kind."
" I cannot say enough positive things about Sharon! My husband and I had limited time...and she put together a crash course. The positions she showed us were very helpful for my early labor and because of the education...we were prepared when I decided to get the epidural. After I had my baby, we also had her come to our house for lactation consulting and it was extremely helpful...I knew she was there to support us..."