Get prepared, get answers, get empowered to make the choices that are right for you!
Why take the Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class?
- Get mentored by your personal Evidence Based Birth® Instructor, Sharon!
- Learn about evidence based care and some challenges in getting it
- Master beginning to advanced comfort measure skills
- Learn how to advocate for yourself and as the birth partner
Get empowered with a childbirth class you and your partner will LOVE!
Pregnant people and expecting families really appreciate the variety in the opportunities for learning, from instructor presentation and mentoring, to private video viewing, reading, skills practice with your partner, group discussions and labor rehearsal.
The wealth of current, in-depth, well-researched resources provide you with a solid foundation to feel well prepared and looking forward to your journey into parenthood. Upon completion of the class you will be a more informed consumer with skills to confidently navigate our maternity care system for a more positive birth experience.
Your Evidence-Based Birth Class includes:
- What is evidence based care
- Types of OB providers and each's model of care
- Navigating the heathcare system
- Overcoming fears and anxieties
- Kowing your rights
- Birth during COVID
- Doulas roles
- How your partner can be your advocate
- Communicating with providers and hospital staff
- Beginning and advanced comfort measures
- Accupressure technique videos
- Music playlist
- Physiology of stages of labor
- Medical intervention pros and cons
- Pharmacologic pain relief options
- Labor rehearsal
- Postpartum review
- Newborn procedures
- Infant care
- Getting a strong start with early breastfeeding
I encourage you to take a listen to one of the close to 200 Evidence Based Birth podcasts that include interviews with various birth workers and parents about topics that are so prevalent and impactful in our current maternity care system. Listen here. You are sure to learn something that surprises you or that you had no awareness of!
Upcoming Evidence Based Birth® Virtual Childbirth Class Dates
Sunday December 19th from 10:30 AM-1:00 PM
Sunday December 26th from 10:30 AM-1:00 PM
Wednesday December 29th from 6:30-9:00 PM
Sunday January 2nd from 10:30 AM-1:00 PM
Sunday January 9th from 4 PM-6:30 PM
Listen to what students have said about the new Evidence-Based Birth Childbirth Class :
"This class is a total gamechanger for us. I'd heard negative stories...I was scared and very on edge. Then, once we started taking the class, and when we learned about interventions that I was apprehensive about... It brought us together in that [my partner] understood birth more, and I understood it more. And, as soon as I went into labor, we were on. We were a team."
"I really appreciated how informative it was. I knew a lot about the biology of birth and babies, but what we learned was just very impressive. It was a really good experience-fairly chill, fairly laid-back, and not nearly as stressful and awkward as I thought it might be. All the information-I never would've thought there was that much information out there!"