Newborn and Baby Care: This is a 2.5-hour virtual class. Understanding how these amazing little humans are wired and what they are capable of makes our new role as parents a bit easier to navigate.
- Baby behavior-figuring out what each grunt, sigh, cry and squeak means takes some time together to decipher. But, looking at life from a baby’s perspective sure can help!
- Newborns appearance can be surprising at first. We look at the whats and whys so you don’t needlessly worry.
- Feeding-why newborns need to feed so frequently in the early days. What are typical patterns and frequency? How it is changing in the first 7-10 days in particular. How and how much? Breast, bottle? Positions and techniques for burping.
- Sleep-Babies have unique sleep patterns. Creating a safe sleep environment, recognizing sleep cues and using patterns and soothing techniques to aid in their “letting go” to sleep
- Soothing-Using the 5 S’s to calm your baby can work like magic!
- Safety-Holding, swaddling, checking temperature, signs of illness
- Baths, skin care, nail care, umbilical cord care, diapering to name a few
This class can be done before baby’s birth or after birth.
Price includes a book, handouts, and video access for 3 months. Class fee is
$39.00 per household or $ 29.00 without the book.
**Special Summer pricing: $29. with book/video/handouts and $25. without the book.**
Upcoming Class: Thursday Sept. 16th from 6 PM-8:30 PM
You can pay by credit or debit card or Google pay: https://checkout.square.site/merchant/K46NREGHTAD43/checkout/OLWXCNSOCX4F34ILHQ2TMY53